Vario Track VT80 MPPT Charge Controller
The Vario Track VT80 MPPT Charge Controller is recommended for PV capacities up to 5kWp, and charges the battery with a maximum current of 80A.
The battery management parameters can be adjusted on the inside of the device. On the outside, an LED display indicates the battery charge current and state of the VT-80.
Given the specific system needs, several accessories can be added such as the Remote Control and Programming Centre RCC-02/03, a module with 2 auxiliary contacts ARM-02, a battery temperature sensor BTS-01, a battery status processor BSP-500/1200, or one of the communication sets Xcom-LAN/GSM/SMS.
The VT-80 has a remote entry which provides the option to control the system from several parameters that can be programmed with the RCC-02/03.
The combination of the VT-80 and Xtender series is the ideal solution for hybrid systems with several power sources such as solar PV, genset, etc.
Furthermore, the VarioTrack family consists of 2 models of MPPT solar charge controllers for systems with solar PV capacity from 1 – 75kWp (with 15 in parallel), a PV input voltage up to 150Vdc, and 12, 24 or 48V battery banks.
With the MPPT solar charge controllers of the VarioTrack series, each installation is the best it can be with a maximized battery life due to an optimal charge.
VT80 MPPT Charge Controller Efficient
A VarioTrack charge controller utilises a sophisticated algorithm that ensures the maximum available power from the solar PV modules is delivered to the batteries.
The device meets the highest industry standards, and due to the high ingress protection rating (IP54), it is especially robust and well suited for difficult environments. In addition, it is fully protected against reversed polarity.
The VarioTrack is designed to be used in all types of solar systems, and the combination of the VarioTrack + Xtender results in a highly efficient system. The communication between the devices permits the synchronisation of the battery charge cycle regardless of the technology (lead acid, lithium, nickel, etc…). Unlike other all-in-one hybrid solutions, the VarioTrack + Xtender allows to independently select the appropriate capacity of solar PV and inverter-charger, resulting in a more finely tuned system design.
|Recommended PV power [W]||Battery voltage Unom [V]||PV voltage U [V]||Max charge current Imax [A]|
|VT-80||1250 (12V) 2500 (24V) 5000 (48V)||12 / 24 / 48||80 (12V) / 150 (24-48V)||80|
Features and Performances of Vario Track VT80 MPPT Charge Controller
- Ensures an optimal energy production
- Tracking efficiency: >99%
- Conversion efficiency: >99%
- 4 step charger for longer battery life
- 8 predefined battery charge curves as standard
- Free programming of the battery’s load curve with the RCC-02/-03
- Low self-consumption: <1W in night mode
- Protection against incorrect wiring
- Protection against reverse polarity
- Fully configurable
- IP54 enclosure
- Comprehensive display, programming and data logging with the RCC-02/-03
- Up to 15 VarioTrack in parallel on the same communication bus
- Communication sets with Xcom-LAN, Xcom-GSM, Xcom-SMS (opt.)
- Compatible with all PV systems
- Optimal usage in an Xtender system with a synchronized battery management